Squash Auckland Tournament Etiquette guidelines
Organising a tournament is a difficult task at the best of times, so all players, parents, supporters, and tournament organisers need to play their part for an event to be successful and enjoyable for all.
With this in mind, Squash Auckland has released a set of Tournament Etiquette guidelines to help everyone involved understand what is expected of them. For players, this includes;
- Stating all times you are unavailable to play during a tournament when you enter, and understanding any changes made after this point are at the discretion of your opponent and tournament organisers
- Understanding withdrawing from a tournament after the draws are done is a massive burden on tournament organisers
- Ensuring you arrive on time for your match and mark a match following your own - without exception
For tournament organisers, this includes;
- Using discretion carefully when dealing with player withdrawals - injuries and emergencies do happen
- Ensure all tournament conditions and dates are clearly stated on tournament posters and in iSquash
- Ensure draws are released in a timely manner before the start of the tournament
- Whenever possible, have players mark/refereeing players of their own grade & gender
If we all play our part when participating in a tournament, the better our events are and the more people we will have playing.
For the full Squash Auckland Tournament Etiquette guidelines - Click here